Thursday, March 4, 2010

Key factors

Skills/Expertise
• What skills/knowledge do I already have? Computer skills
• What skills do I need to produce my ideas? Computer Skills
• Where can I get new skills/knowledge? From the new documents i will be using
• Who are the experts in this field? Mr Rowley
• How can I access new skills/knowledge? Internet and Mr Rowley
Equipment
• What equipment will I need for this unit of work? Computers
• What equipment will I need to make my product? Movie maker and Photoshop
• Where is the equipment that I might need to use? On the computer
• Do I know the correct procedures for using the equipment? Yes
Materials
• What sorts of materials will I use on this unit of work? Computers and documents
• What sorts of materials will I use to make my product? CD, and the computer
• Where will I get these materials from? school
• Are the materials I need available? Most of them available.
• What else will I have to purchase? CD’s
Cultural
• What values do I intend to reinforce? The Carmel College Mercy Values
• Whose beliefs am I going to respect? Year 12 students
• What customs or traditions do I need to consider when designing and making choices? Carmel college
• Where might I find out more about the culture I am studying? The Carmel Website
• Who might I ask for different cultural perspectives? HOD
• Who might I need to check with if my choices and designs are culturally appropriate? Mr Rowley
• How am I going to reflect my chosen culture?
• How much of my culture do I intend to reflect in my design/product?
Environmental
• What type of environment is the product likely to be used in? Home/ school environment
• What climates will I be designing for? Indoors
• What environments will I be working in during this unit? School
• Can I work to reduce the impact that this project will have on the environment? Yes
• How might I ensure that the classroom work environment is a healthy environment? There are no wires in the way
• What factors might I need to be aware of in my environment? Computer breaking down.
Legal
What must be done according to the law? Copyright the CD
• What laws/regulations might I have to consider during on this unit? Copy right
• What environments do these laws apply to? IT
• How might these laws shape my practice? na
• Why must I follow these laws? For things to be legal
• How does the NCEA authority influence my work/designs/units? On how much credits ill get
• What safety considerations will I need to think about? Going onto legal websites
Time
• How much time have I got to complete this unit? Till the 13th April
• What is most important right now? Completing all the written work.
• How will I allocate my time? According to my ITE lessons
• How will I use my time effectively? Managing my time during class and concentrating
• Is the time limit negotiable for this unit of work? Yes
Innovations
• What sorts of innovations might help me? New ways to improve things
• What are some trends that may affect my design/ideas? The quality of my CD and work
• How might I adapt existing material and/or techniques to better suit me? Improve them
• What new innovations have influenced the way I think, work or design? Movie maker, toast and Photoshop
• What is novel about my ideas? na
Money
• What is my budget? $3 per CD
• Where is the money going to come from? School
• How much money am I prepared to spend on my solution? $100
• How much do I need to spend?$3 per Cd
• How much are the materials and equipment likely to cost? $60
Social
• Who might influence Your decisions and choices? Mr Rowley (teacher)
• What trends are influential in Your designs? fonts and designs
• How might other people feel about what we produce? Happy/sad
• What do I hope people will feel about my product? Happy
• How might what other people feel or say affect my designs and choices? I might sell more or less
• Who might have something to say that I would listen to? Why? My teacher because he is the judge for the this
• What personal factors do I need to consider? My time (abilities, style, likes/dislikes)
• What age group am I designing for? Year 12’s
Future Trends
• What trends have influenced me in the past? Skills and ability
• What are the upcoming trends that I would like to consider? Time management
• Where do I find out about future trends? Family and friends
• What opportunities or gaps have I identified? How did I identify these? Na
• How is society changing? What is changing? Why is it changing? Who is leading the market into change? Recession, the prices are going up, because of recession.
• What might people need in the near future? Memories
Stakeholders
• Who am I making the product for? students teachers and family's
• Who is affected the most? Year 12’s
• Who else will be affected by my decisions? The school
• Who will affect my decisions? Stakeholders
• How will I get information and feedback from my stakeholders? Through the school
• Will my stakeholders change as I work through my practice? no
• Is there a target market – Who? Age? Values? Wants? Needs? Year 12’s,

No comments:

Post a Comment